Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Cross-Training for Running With P90X

Running all the time might be boring, it may limit ones fitness to certain areas, and any time you don't provide your body enough time to heal, you may get injured. Cross-training presents a strategy to offer you a change from your typical routine, and it allows you to enhance fitness in areas that running may not do sufficiently. I wanted to share a exercise program that I just recently completed that may also be utilized to cross-train with running.

So, you may be curious exactly why am I writing about P90X anyway? Well first, I wished to share that I did this plan, I enjoyed it, and had some good rewards from it. In case you are in search of a program to improve your all-around fitness, you may want to have a look at this plan. And, if you're looking to boost your running fitness by way of cross training, you may wish to attempt this plan in whole or in part too.

I just recently took a break from running for 3 months while I did a well-liked exercise plan known as P90X. I heard a good deal of people talking about it so I decided to jump on the proverbial band wagon and give it a go. Remember that I'm not necessarily suggesting taking a break from your running as I did, but rather I am sharing the positive aspects of this plan as they are relevant to running.

When you have not heard of P90X, it really is an 'extreme' home workout program that includes resistance training, cardiovascular exercise, and stretching. It is actually for men and women in reasonable condition, though anyone could possibly do it if they really set their mind to it. I benefited quite a bit from the plan, and can definitely tell a difference in my health and fitness. Though I did not follow the diet part of the program really closely. In fact, I did not have the guide on the diet. I did try to make some marginal improvements in my diet however.

I really liked getting some muscle exercise from the system in addition to the stretch exercise. They call the stretch happinesslifetime.com training Yoga-X. Personally, I did not stick to the spiritual part of this at the end, and I only recommend the stretching and balance part of this workout. In addition to these workouts, the P90X plan also included plyometric training (or jump training), kickboxing, and abdominal work. Many of these workouts have specific fitness benefits, some of which may actually allow you to run better. Personally, I do hope that I will continue a few of the components of the P90X system to assist me with my flexibility, strength, and abdominal muscles. These are all important physical fitness elements for runners.

So, perhaps you can benefit from the P90X plan as a whole or possibly you just want to use a few of the specific routines to enhance strength and flexibility, which will help you as a runner.








Should you be interested in ideas like these about startrunningforbeginners.com running for beginners you might also wish to check out these running and startrunningforbeginners.com jogging tips

No comments:

Post a Comment