Friday, October 18, 2013

Runner Gratitude - Core Workouts

The Law of Attraction tells us that we become what we think about, that like attracts like, that thoughts become things. Think negative thoughts about a person, place, thing, or activity, and you will tend to push that person, place, thing, or activity out of your life. Think positive thoughts instead, and you will tend to draw that person, place, thing, or activity more closely to you.

There are many activities that serve you as a runner, such as:


Creative visualization
Cross-training
Meditation
Speed training
Stretching
Weight lifting
Yoga

Some runners engage in some of these activities in a hit-or-miss fashion because of several reasons.


They do not fully appreciate the value of the activity.
The activity seems too difficult.
The activity seems boring.
The activity seems to have no positive effect.


One such activity is core training.


You may not appreciate how much it supports your running.
You may have difficulty holding the poses and moving your body throughout the core workout.
You may find the fairly static nature of a core workout to be boring, especially in comparison to the dynamic nature of running.
You may expect a few of these workouts to give you six-pack abs, and they do not.

You can become -- or remain -- a runner who regularly engages in core workouts by focusing on the first reason. If you regularly appreciate how much core training supports your running, then you will tend to draw it into your weekly exercise routine and keep it there -- thanks to the Law of Attraction.

And regularly appreciating your core training is as simple as making a list of statements of gratitude for core workouts and then daily or weekly reading that list, pausing on each statement to dwell on the positive feelings that you associate with that statement. Here are some statements to get you started:


I am truly grateful for how core workouts strengthen my back and abdominal muscles so that the core of my body easily keeps me upright to let me run with greater relaxation.
I am thankful for the variety of poses that I can strike and actions that I can take during each workout.
I appreciate how my core becomes stronger every month.
I love the way that my core workouts are gently transforming my body over the weeks, months, and years.
I am grateful for how I can hold my core-workout poses longer as the weeks and months go by.

Tip: Personalize this list by putting it in your own words and expanding it with your own ideas. This will make it even more powerful!








Kirk Mahoney, Ph.D., loves to walk and run, and his SpryFeet.com website provides practical research for runners and walkers. By going to SpryFeet.com/Reports SpryFeet.com/Reports/, you can get his FREE "Pace Tables for Runners and Walkers" spryfeet.com/2009/10/02/pace-tables-for-runners-and-walkers special report, letting you look up paces needed to complete several different race distances within given durations and for different micro-level-pacing methods.

(c) Copyright - Kirk Mahoney, Ph.D. All Rights Reserved Worldwide.

No comments:

Post a Comment