Monday, February 10, 2014

Are You Available to Teach?

A while back I received an email from a friend who told me he really wished he could teach martial arts for a living, but he has a career in government and just can't see how to open a school.

No problem. Owning a school isn't the only way to teach.

About a month ago I did two back-to-back one hour self defense-seminars for a large law firm on K Street in downtown Washington, D.C. It was catered, and teleconferenced to their other locations. I worked with several hundred people.

They paid me $1250.00.

That's not bad for two hours. I've also done seminars for corporations, hospitals, universities, and government groups.

If you own a school and want to make some darn good pocket money, as well as recruit students, and credential yourself, you need to do seminars. If you don't own a school, can't own a school, just plain don't want to own a school . . . but love teaching and being paid well, you need to do seminars.

I decided to put a manual together showing people who want to teach martial arts, yoga, fitness - or just about anything else - every single thing I've done to create a profitable seminar business that I can do as little or as much as I want.

The manual teaches you everything you need to know. I've even thrown in boilerplate letters, ads, phone scripts, and emails. I show you how to get published, what to charge, how to get paid in advance, how to get referral business, how to build up a client list for future seminars, and how to do everything else so you can be a successful freelance teacher.

It took me over six months just to get it all down on paper.

I've even included bonuses like how to get on talk radio, how to teach on cruise ships, and a few other gems.

Whether you own a school, or just want to work from home, I urge you to do some seminars and see just how good it can be. I love working with new groups of people and the pay is great. On the other hand, it took me a long time to figure all this out. Do it right and you'll love it. Miss dozens of important details and you'll spin your tires and not get anywhere.

To learn more visit indyinstructor.com indyinstructor.com

Take care,

Rob LaPointe








Sparring and Pushing Hands Gold Medalist Rob LaPointe has been practicing martial arts since 1973. He holds black belts in Kenpo Karate and Tien Shan Pai Kung Fu.

In addition to teaching martial arts and presenting workshops to members of all the Armed Services, including special forces members, as well as CIA, DEA, FBI, Department of State Foreign Service Officers, U.S. Customs Officers, the Defense Intelligence Agency, and Exxon-Mobile Corporation, Rob has presented demonstrations and workshops to Washington, D.C. area businesses and agencies, including Georgetown University Hospital, Northern Virginia Hospital Center, Alexandria Hospital, Arlington Public Schools, USA Today, and Intelsat.

In 1999 he received an invitation from the American Physical Therapy Association, and was a featured speaker at their Annual Convention, which took place that year in Washington, D.C.

Rob's main websites are kungfufightingtips.com kungfufightingtips.com/ and indyinstructor.com indyinstructor.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment