Saturday, October 12, 2013

The Truth About LinkedIn That You Might Not Want to Hear

Spend a little time on LinkedIn and you will be amazed; I know I was. You really can reach out and tap some pretty amazing and accomplished people on the shoulder.

The site has attracted some real power players including executives at some of the world's largest companies, as well as top-level executives at all sorts of start-ups. If you find that you are looking for a job, then you will definitely want to take a look at LinkedIn.

Now, I think LinkedIn is a very valuable and useful website, whether you are trying to land a job or you are networking for the purposes of Internet marketing. You can meet just about any type of person in any industry just by spending a little time on this website. Yet, LinkedIn isn't exactly what you might think it is.

Many people start using LinkedIn and expect a job to just "fall in their laps." If you are using LinkedIn for the purpose of finding a job, then you should understand that it takes time for LinkedIn to be truly effective for you. In other words, you should expect to invest some time doing some serious networking.

Simply logging into to LinkedIn, building a short profile and expecting the jobs to roll in makes about as much sense as sending out five resumes and wondering why you don't have a job. LinkedIn is a great tool, but it's not a magical one.

I field a lot of questions from people, but by far the most popular is people wondering how I was able to become financially independent so quickly. The reason that people ask this is that I lost everything in 2007 when the real estate market collapsed. I was working as a mortgage broker and literally woke up one morning stunned and jobless.

Fortunately, I had been studying yoga for years and had even been a teacher. As I am constantly telling people, when you find yourself in a stressful situation being able to keep you cool is what it is all about.

Thanks to my happinesslifetime.com yoga training and my philosophy on life, I was able to think logically about how to make money. I jumped into Internet marketing with both feet, and now I make far more money than I ever made as a mortgage broker.

Keeping level headed allowed me to explore and use tools like LinkedIn to their fullest. It is critically important that you believe in yourself and use the great tools that are out there on the web.








Didar Khalsa is an Internet marketing guru who is literally changing the way people are making money online. By blending the mental and physical discipline of his extensive yoga training with a demonstrated mastery of Internet marketing. Visit his homepage at makemoneywithdidar.com makemoneywithdidar.com, and check out his blog at didarkhalsablog.com didarkhalsablog.com or you can reach Didar at 954-551-8425.

No comments:

Post a Comment