Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Yoga Stories - The Yoga Energy Arose In Me And Asked Me What I Wanted

I was returning from a three day learning immersion held in Saratoga Springs, NY. It was a gathering of learning professionals from around the world led by a learning visionary, Elliot Masie.

Traveling back, I was in Penn station, walking away from the long distance train and making my final connection to the local train that would take me into New Jersey.

I was suddenly nostalgic for the yoga community I had known from the yoga retreat that I had lived in for ten years.

The nostalgia intensified and there was a rising of energy within me. I became aware that I could make a worthy wish and it would be granted. It was as if there were an energetic window that had opened and spoke to me..

My wish was simply to meet someone from the yoga community where I had once lived for ten years.

It had been five years since I had left there, and I rarely bumped into any residents or former residents. That community was 90 miles away, and most people that I knew had left to go back to where they had come from, across the United States and in Europe and Australia.

Three Minutes Later: While I was sitting down on my local train, a woman passed me and turned around and called out my spiritual name, ... Devidas, is that you? It was a woman that had lived in the same ashrams I had for the last ten years, although we never actually talked before. She sat down next to me and we chatted the entire 45 minutes back home until my station stop.

Because of the energy that arose in me, and because my wish was fulfilled, I was swimming with gratitude and awe. And I was filled with the recognition that I was connected to a larger scheme of things that normally did not reveal itself. This scheme of things knew me and was taking care of me. I was connected....








Devidas Varga is a yoga enthusiast and publisher of TakeTimeYoga.com, which is all about taketimeyoga.com how to begin yoga. He has maintained a practice of yoga and meditation for 30 years, living in Ashrams in India and the United States for a decade. He has immersed himself in many styles and promotes the life affirming effects yoga offers.

No comments:

Post a Comment