Monday, January 13, 2014

Low Impact Exercise Program For a Lean Youthful Figure - No Matter What Age You Are

Selecting a form of exercise you actually find enjoyable, is perhaps the most important thing you can do to insure your exercise success. When you find an exercise you actually like, you will have won a major part of the battle in being able to sustain an exercise program.

I joined our local gym, but I am not very familiar with the different machines, and what their function was, so I found trying to work out there very frustrating. There also did not seem to be anyone available to give advice. I should point out that I am in a small town in Mexico at the moment, and the gym caters mostly to tourists who know their own workout routine, so the owners probably feel it is not necessary to provide more than they do.

I did purchase a fairly inexpensive treadmill, so I was at least getting some cardio workout every day. I also bought a Yoga mat, an exercise ball, and a set of 5 pound weights and tried to follow some written material on different exercises, but even after several months I really could not see a huge difference in my body.

I like to watch Regis and Kelly in the morning, and over the last year I have noticed that Kelly Ripa is ripped. I figured that she could afford a personal trainer to work with her, and of course she is only about 35 years old, compared to my 65 years, so it made sense that she was totally fit and buff. On one of the morning shows, she was telling her staff about the exercise studio she goes to in New York, and proceeded to do some of the exercises. I really liked what I saw, and I immediately went to the computer to look up the studio. I found the studio, but they did not have any DVD's or instructions for their exercises. As I was reading the biographies of the instructors, I noticed that one of them said she had trained in the Lotte Berk method of exercise. I looked up Lotte Berk on the internet, and found exactly what I was looking for. I did not waste any time ordering a set of 4 DVD's.

Lotte Berk (1913-2003) was a dancer who famously produced a muscular frame after a car accident seemed to leave her incapacitated. Combining elements of dance, orthopedics, and yoga, the methods she used resulted in a program of ultimate body transformation. The exercises are designed to achieve a lean, supple and toned look by

* stretching and shaping the body

* strengthening the abdominal muscles

* toning the thighs and bottom

* improving mobility and flexibility

* increasing stamina and co-ordination

In 1970, an American, Ms. Lydia Bach, purchased the world-wide rights to the Lotte Berk's name and technique after spending a length of time in London, England studying with Lotte Berk in her studio. In 1971 she opened the "Lotte Berk Method, Ltd" studio in New York City. She kept the proven core exercises and incorporated her own blend of dance and yoga to create an all round fitness program that will yield muscular strength, beautiful sculpted bodies, flexibility and caloric burn, all in one session.

For over three decades, this result oriented, no nonsense fitness method has been available exclusively at Lotte Berk Method studios in Manhattan and Bridgehampton, New York, and finally by popular demand was brought to home DVD and video.

I had never heard of Lotte Berk, but the day I did I felt I finally found a fitness program I could work with. One of the things I like best about the program is that each DVD is only 30 minutes long, so it is a doable feat each day. The Lotte Berk Method is a low-impact, extraordinarily effective program that firms, lengthens and shapes muscles to their optimal form! Its system of concentrated movements and deep muscle conditioning was designed to make each woman get her best body - miraculously fast. The Lotte Berk Method will make you feel great and help you discover a new level of confidence and vitality.

One other very nice thing about the program is that you do not need a lot of expensive equipment. You will need a thick towel or mat, a heavy chair, and a set of light hand weights.

This is one exercise routine I can happily stick with. When I take Sunday off, it seems as thought I am really missing something in my day. I feel great afterwards, and with the stretching that is required, I have not had one day of sore muscles. Some of the sayings the instructors use are "first you strengthen the muscle and then you lengthen it" and "a stretch is not relaxation, a stretch is elongation".

I know I am getting great results. I have actually developed muscles in my backside and my hamstrings, I think for the first time ever. I have only been at the program for about a month, and with the results I have experienced so far, I am certain that I will achieve my goals.








The Lotte Berk Method exercise videos are the same as what is being taught in the famous New York studios. These fitness videos feature a mix of pilates, yoga, and dancer style techniques.You will find that Lotte Berk Method workout videos and DVD's will give you a lean, strong, dancer's body

For more information, please click [naturaljourneys.com/Lotte_Berk_Method_for_Beginners_4_DVD_Set_p/gh3622.htm&click=17127]

No comments:

Post a Comment