Monday, January 6, 2014

Yoga For Conception - Increase Your Chances of Getting Pregnant

There is nothing more natural than the conception of a healthy baby. Yet today, infertility treatment has become a multi-million dollar global industry and everyone seems to know at least one person who has struggled with conception. My husband and I were one of these couples.

I had been practicing yoga for many years. Strong "power yoga" type classes were always my favorite as they helped me alleviate anxiety. But my yoga antidote for stress-relief failed to help me when my husband and I found ourselves consulting a fertility clinic after a year of trying to conceive naturally. I was racked with worry that I would never become pregnant, never be a mother, that something was wrong with me. Because I wasn't finding solace in my yoga practice, I gave it up.

In the coming months we underwent many fertility tests. My stress became exacerbated and I was in desperate need for a way to release my anxiety. To calm my nerves, I experimented with more gentle styles of yoga. At first I resisted a slower, quieter yoga practice. But, having been a yoga practitioner for many years, as well as a yoga teacher myself, I knew this kind of resistance was a sign that I was on the right path.

Our first child was conceived through Intrauterine Insemination (IUI) not long after I began my new yoga practice. I had also been practicing specific yet simple breathing and visualization techniques during the fertility treatments themselves.

After my daughters birth, my interest in yoga's effect on conception deepened. I took a course in Therapeutic Yoga and became a certified practitioner. During the training, I came across many of the techniques and yoga postures I had intuitively practiced in order to become pregnant. My beliefs about the harmful effects of stress on the reproductive system were confirmed through my study. I informally taught a class called "Yoga for Conception" to a handful of women. A few of them became pregnant soon after beginning my class.

It was then that I began to write down all I had learned so that I could share it with other women who were going trying conceive. I wrote a detailed account of my personal story which was published in Yoga Journal ("Light Fantastic" Oct/2008) and the emails began pouring in. Women thanking me for sharing my story, telling me their stories, asking me when I would share the exact yoga techniques that had helped me conceive.

Now busy with TWO children, (we had a surprise blessing with daughter #2!) I carved out a little time each day to write down the exact steps I used, with information on exactly why and how stress damages the reproductive system and all the techniques and yoga postures that reduce stress thus making conception more possible for all women (even those who have never tried or had an interest in yoga before).

Writing my book was certainly not something I planned to do. But, then again, neither was dealing with infertility. Sometimes, we just have to trust that there will be light at the end of the tunnel.








I strongly believe these yoga and relaxation techniques helped me conceive. For yogaforconception.com help getting pregnant, it decreases stress which increases fertility. To see the exact techniques I used, yogaforconception.com click here now.

No comments:

Post a Comment