Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Always Be Ready To Work Out!

As a professional athlete, competing and working out are always in the forefront of your mind. The rest of us have 25 million other things to think about, which means that we need to make exercising as convenient as possible.

I joined a gym close to home, and being able to drive, run or bike there has proven effective in keeping me on a consistent schedule, regardless of the weather. For added motivation, I always keep a clean set of workout clothes in my car so I can head to the gym or the local park on a whim. (After all, if you don't go home first, you won't find excuses to stay home.) Remember that if you go straight home after work in hopes to relax for a minute and then go exercise, there is a 99% chance that your couch will eat you raw and you'll say bye to your workout accumulating stress and fat into your system.

I also keep a stash of fitness gadgets in my closet, including a medicine ball, workout bands and a stability ball. These let me exercise my entire body and, because they're so different from what I usually do at the gym, I generally look forward to using them again. Plus, most of these items travel well, which allows me to work out when I'm on the road. You can find exercise accessories anywhere if you live in a fairly large town, even small town have a store that carries item such as bands or hand held weights. I spoke in towns with a population as little as a thousand people and guess what, they had a little gym and a little store that carried rudimentary fitness accessory. So no excuse there.

There is something I always like to say, fifty percent of success is showing-up so go to gym or park you car near the public park and get moving. You will succeed if you go over your resistance to change which is your comfort zone where reality is not allowed anymore.








Nordine Zouareg [nordinezouareg.com] is a former Mr. Universe, an International Fitness Coach, Speaker and Author of the book Mind Over Body [nordinezouareg.com]: The Key to Lasting Weight Loss Is All In Your Head.

No comments:

Post a Comment