Tuesday, June 17, 2014

The Purpose of Yoga - Harnessing Empowerment with Jnana Yoga

Do you feel that good things always happen to other people? If someone told you Yoga could change your life exponentially would you believe them? Positive change starts from within. Yoga will help you from the inside out, but you must believe you deserve better, envision it, take action, and never give up.

When I was growing up, some members of my family believed that good things only happen to other people. I was told, "Success does not happen to our kind of people." Yet, some members of my family did not listen to this talk. My grandfather went into business for himself as a successful general contractor during the Depression.

The first book he gave me, as a child, was his copy of "How to Win Friends and Influence People," by Dale Carnegie. I was a book worm, so I read it more than once. We did not have computers in those days, so I referred to it so many times, the binding cracked and the pages fell out.

My Uncle had read the same copy, so I cannot take all the credit for the wear. Here's the interesting part: My Uncle went into business for himself and owned two successful shoe stores before he passed away. I left the corporate world and opened a wellness center, which trains Yoga teachers worldwide.

My Uncle and Grandfather never studied Hatha Yoga. Yet they both practiced Jnana Yoga without realizing it. So, what is Jnana Yoga? Jnana Yoga is a spiritual path of compassion, discipline, study, visualization, and meditation.

© Copyright 2007 - Paul Jerard / Aura Publications








Paul Jerard, E-RYT 500, has written many books on the subject of Yoga. He is a co-owner and the Director of Yoga Teacher Training at: Aura Wellness Center, in Attleboro, MA. riyoga.com riyoga.com He has been a certified Master Yoga Teacher since 1995. To receive a Free Yoga e-Book: "Yoga in Practice," and a Free Yoga Newsletter, please visit: yoga-teacher-training.org/index.html yoga-teacher-training.org/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment