Friday, June 7, 2013

All About Pilates From the Pilates Princess

Pilates has been a lifesaver for me!

What is Pilates, you might ask, and just how did it save my life?

Well, please let me tell you a story.

Pilates, pronounced puh-lah-teez, was originally developed by Joseph H. Pilates, who was working as a nurse in England during World War I.

Pilates developed a series of exercises that were designed to help bed bound patients to regain their strength. He connected springs to the bed mattresses and then helped the patients to either push or pull against the springs in order to create resistance and to help them strengthen their muscles and improve their flexibility.

This gave the patients hope as they were able to move their extremities and regain their muscle tone even though they were bed bound. What a gift to the world that Pilates created and then refined over the years has been such a blessing to so many!

After having been unable to lose the baby weight after the birth of my last child and as my knees and hips have gotten more achy as I have reached 40, I was looking for a more gentle exercise that would still give me a good workout and hopefully give me the healthy body that I used to own.

Pilates helped me to do that within just a few weeks. Since Pilates focuses so much on training the core muscles of the body, my abdominal muscles as well as my back got a great work out early on. I also found that the gentle movements of Pilates helped me to have fewer aches and pains in my legs and backs, especially after I have worked a long shift on my feet.

Pilates is an incredibly easy and gentle exercise that is so powerful!

It helps you to strengthen and lengthen your muscles. Pilates allows you to become more flexible. I feel better.

I have more flexibility than I have had in years. My back doesn't hurt so much any more and for the first time in my life, Pilates has helped me to find some abdominal muscles! Who knew they were there!

Pilates is an incredibly motivating exercise since I have been able to see the results of the magic Joseph H. Pilates created so long ago.

So, if you haven't tried it before, take a Pilates class and give this exciting form of exercise a try.








For more information on the-pilates-zone.com Pilates be sure to visit the-pilates-zone.com. You'll find tips and advice on Pilates techniques, the-pilates-zone.com/pilates-basics Pilates basics, Pilates and pregnancy, and much more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment