Friday, April 11, 2014

Nurturing Your Body

We are moving from exercise concepts to mental and physical contents. From the knowing to the doing and from hurting to nurturing our bodies. Fitness is becoming more than a cosmetic approach. It is taken seriously as a healing therapy rather. After training week in and week out for over twenty years, I can honestly tell you that I have about seen it all. I have seen exercise and diets fads come and go. I've seen fitness leaders come and go. But you know what, the passion is still there! I' am absolutely devoted to working out. What keeps the "flame" burning? It's different for each of us, but for me it's a number of things.

I like my mind to feel good. When I feel good on the inside it makes me feel good about my body and accept it the way it is. I realize that true happiness is something we all have to find inside ourselves, in a simple, fundamental way, the way that a baby's smile makes you feel good. The simple fact that my mind and body are in perfect harmony is a reward in itself.

I also like the fact that training makes me stronger and more energetic. I like to know that I can take care of myself and therefore take care of my family. Physical and mental strength is important to me because as a father, one of my jobs is to provide for and protect my family. I can't do that if I'm weak, or worse, not alive. I train to increase my strength, so I can stand and move all day teaching what I love most; fitness. Most and foremost so I can hold and play with my kids before leaving the house on my way to work and honestly look into their eyes and say "I will do my best today!"

I train for energy. I give a lot to others. I put a lot of energy into increasing the well being of my family, my employees, my friends, and my students, my guests. I am on a mission as fitness professional to make this world a better place to live in than when I arrived here. And I know that in order to take care of others, I must first take care of myself.

Why do YOU work in? Why do YOU work out? Think about the following daily holistic schedule and write it down where you can refer to it on days when you just don't feel quite up to it. If you are like me, counting your blessings and taking a moment to appreciate the things you take for granted goes a long way. You'll be a better person for it.

Today you were granted a new lease on your life "be" grateful for everything you have, and everything you ever wished to have will come. Your must enjoy the ride; it is everything you choose to make it!

©Copyright 2005- Nordine Zouareg








Nordine Zouareg [nordinezouareg.com] is a former Mr. Universe, an International Fitness Coach, Speaker and Author of the book Mind Over Body [nordinezouareg.com]: The Key to Lasting Weight Loss Is All In Your Head.

No comments:

Post a Comment