Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Relaxation is When the Body and Mind Are in a State of Balance

It means releasing chronic muscle tightness and reducing unnecessary muscle activity, restoring natural diaphragmatic breathing, improving oxygen absorption and carbon dioxide elimination.

Instead of feeling the compulsion to react unconsciously, which can be a negative response, one is able to respond more calmly and with a greater sense of awareness. You're able to face difficult and uncomfortable situation without the same sense of fear and learn to develop a decentered perspective on your thoughts and feelings. You start to develop a more highly evolved "Witness Conscious" perspective on events and feelings you are having and learn to face the circumstances in your life with equanimity.

Purity refers to purity of mind, body and spirit. Purifying the mind, can consist of living a simple life, free from many distractions. One example of this is to not watch television or listen to the radio in order to have a distraction-free environment.

This has been a very difficult thing for me since watching television feels like a way for my brain to go on vacation. It almost has a narcotic effect on me since I feel like I go into a stupor getting involved in the storyline of the characters.

I have been endeavoring to watch less television. I used to have a television in my bedroom and would need/want to watch it for a few hours before sleeping, even if I was not actively watching it, it would be on as background noise. I would use it to fall asleep at night since my mind felt too restless otherwise. I have been starting to do some Pranayama or controlled breathing exercises as a way to calm and balance my brain.

I would often just aim to feel the space between my thoughts - the gap, where there is infinite possibility. It was often only with deep yoga or meditation center that I was able to do this kind of deep soul work. I had some of my fiercest inner storms at these retreats but afterwards always felt like I had grown and evolved the most.








For free images of partner yoga poses with tips on how to do them, email

twitter.com/synergyjasmine twitter.com/synergyjasmine - Follow us for inspiring quotes, vitality, meditation, yoga and stress-management

Synergy By Jasmine - Partner Yoga and Yoga Teacher Training in Philadelphia

synergybyjasmine.com synergybyjasmine.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment