Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Tiger Balm and Me

"Never too late, never too old, never too bad, never too sick to start from scratch once again". It is what my teacher tells me when I start his Bikram Yoga lessons.

Bikram Yoga is a demanding 26 pose series, conducted in a heated room to warm up your whole body and allows you to work deep into your muscles, tendons and ligaments to change your body from the inside out. It is so challenging.

I remember the first week was a torture. After 1h30 of sweating and stretching, I was thinking I was going to die. All my muscles were painful; the heat of the room couldn't allow me to breathe normally.

I smoked since I am 17 (now I am 34)...Yoga was a way for me to help my body rid itself of toxins.

During the training, how many times I was telling to myself "It's too hard, I can't breathe, I am going to faint".

But next to me, there was that woman, more than 60 years olds, fresh like a flower, doing the pose series without any effort, the coordination between all her movements was incredible.

How can she do it?

At the end of the training, I asked her. She went in a locker room, came back and gave me a little pot. And she told to use it before and after each training session, in massing my arms, legs with that Tiger balm.

The day after, I did what she told me before the course. And during 1h30, the heat of the Tiger balm, associated to the heat of the room increased my flexibility.

The pain was still here but less than the day before. The mint smells of the balm allowed me to breathe more easily and lead me to work harder, deeper and calmer. After the session, my muscles didn't hurt me, no sensation of pain or stiff.

Now, I am practicing hot yoga for 5 years and before every training, I still use Tiger Balm, massing my body and smelling the balm. It is become a ritual and I don't see myself without using it.








You can have many informations of tiger.the-balm.com Tiger balm product's in this website. You can have solution for use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment