Thursday, February 20, 2014

Workout Routines For the Healthy Woman

A lot of people like to use the acronym PUSH when it comes to their spiritual life; Pray Until Something Happens. But what about using an acronym for your physical life? As women we are often the busiest person in the household and it's hard to find a workout routine to meet our needs. Well ladies the rumors are true, we have to put ourselves first and that means we have to learn to PUSH in our physical life just like we PUSH in our spiritual life. Try this new acronym I have for PUSH. Pick Up Something Heavy.

I know you're wondering what I mean. I'm talking about strength training. Strength training is part of a balanced exercise routine that increases muscle mass by making the muscles work harder than they ever have before. It has worked wonders for me. Since I've been strength training, I've lost 1-1/2 cup sizes and I'm not talking about a cup of coffee. Just think about it like this, when you don't have any more kids to pick up and carry around the house, then pick up some dumbbells. PUSH: Pick Up Something Heavy.

If you don't like dumbbells then you can use your own body weight and find a Yoga or Pilate's class that works for you. I didn't realize how heavy my arms were until I had to hold them in warrior one pose for two minutes the first time I tried yoga. Now I really Picked Up Something Heavy that day, but by the end of the program I was stress free and feeling good about putting myself on my own "To Do List."

Now, I get up every morning and thank God for a new day. I read my Bible, listen to some uplifting inspirational music and Pray Until Something Happens in my spirit. After I give God His time, I make time for me and head to my favorite gym Just Fitness 4U. I'm greeted by the friendly staff and I go to the strength training machines that I know how to use and I begin my routine. I'm a beginner, so I put 15lbs on the chest press and do 3 sets of 15 reps, and then I put 10lbs on the incline machine and do 3 sets of 10 reps there. Next I work my legs, then my waist, my triceps and then it's off to see a move in the Cardio Cinema where I walk on the treadmill for about 40 minutes. To learn more about Just Fitness 4U visit justfitness4u.com/choose-a-location/lawrenceville justfitness4u.com/choose-a-location/lawrenceville.

Ladies if you want to get fit and be healthy find a way to make yourself a priority. You are your biggest asset so capitalize on the profits for yourself before you start dishing out the dividends to anyone else.








Felicia B. White is a photographer, song writer and poet. She graduated from the Art Institute of Ft. Lauderdale and moved to Georgia with her husband 12 years ago. Felicia and her husband found a church home at Berean Christian Church in 2005 and they have been using their ever growing faith in God to lose weight and build a better marriage. Felicia is writing poetry and weight loss articles to help her win her battle with weight. Hope you enjoy the articles. To read other articles please visit healthylivingdietplans.com healthylivingdietplans.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment